Thursday, June 14, 2007

Boracay's Baby Back Ribs



I only knew about baby back ribs (BBRs) when Kenny Rogers' Roasters first offered them. And for some years, those were the only BBRs that I ever tasted. Until Bora...

Combing the beach front in search of some new island delicacy of some sort, Sheila Mae and I figuratively stumbled upon Gasthoff's. This resto claimed to be "home of Boracay's Famous Baby Back Ribs."

So thinking with our stomachs, We decided to have the "one whole" order: about 8-10 ribs.

I had Sheila get a table while I went inside to order. As with most beach front restos, the dining area was outside.

The ribs were ready in no time. Boy, were they delicious!


Over-all Rating: 4/5

Serving for two: 6/5 (madami!)
Presentation: 3/5 (nothing special)
Quality: 5/5 (meat was tender, cooked and freshly cooked)
Cost: 3/5 (medyo mahal... hey this is Bora!)

Comment: not enough paper towels! Bring your own!

Resto rating: 5/5 very nice ambiance

No comments: